Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Angry Princess...

Okay, so I know I never write much on this blog of mine, but I am in a chatty mood, so you're about to get an earful.  Let me just tell you, that I think my kids are the funniest kids on the planet. I thought I'd fill you in on some of the randomness that has come out of Maeli's little mouth lately...so here it goes...

Me:  Maeli, take another bite...
Maeli:  Mommy, you giving me a headache!

Maeli:  Ew, Kenny, you stinky! (as she's waving her hand in front of her nose)
Me:  Kenny's not stinky.
Maeli: Yah, he gross.

Me:  Maeli, you are sooo pretty. (as I'm doing her hair in front of the mirror)
Maeli:  Pretty, Pretty, Pretty...Maeli is a princess!

Me:  Here's your cinnamon roll, Maeli
Maeli:  I wanna whole one!
Me:  Nope, you & Kenny have to share.
Maeli:  Nooooo! (She then gets down off the barstool & grunts & stomps her feet. The funny part was that she was wearing dress shoes two sizes too big, so her stomping was a little less than intimidating.)
Me:  (Laughing hysterically)

Yes, Maeli is my angry child, but very confident as well.  Hmmmm...does that make her a brat?=) I just can't help but laugh when she has her little fits of rage. She's such a tiny girl, with tons of personality. She's outgrown naps, but we have rest time everyday. She watches a movie or cartoons while she "rests".  Whenever I open her door to let her out of rest time, she has successfully messed up every single toy in her room. Today, I heard her jumping on her bed, screaming a song at the top of her lungs for about ten minutes.=) She just completely enjoys herself.  
I know that in Maeli's ideal world, she would be an only child. Everyday life for her would consist of these things...
*Playing in the dirt
*Eating steak
*Walking beside me at the grocery store instead of having to sit in the cart
*Giving lots of hugs & kisses
*Jumping up & down & running in circles for hours
*twirling while wearing a leotard
*Riding her tricycle while yelling really loud
*Wearing her shoes on the wrong feet
*Wearing pretty bows in her hair
*Eating toothpaste
*Playing in the bathroom sink
*And Lots & lots of coloring     
If she could do these things all day, everyday, she would no longer be my angry child.  She would be the happiest kid in the world. What can I say? I just love her to pieces. Without her, our house would be kind of boring.=)

3 comments:

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

That is hillarious, Beth! I loved what you wrote about Maeli. She is such a cute little girl. A lot of your descriptions of her remind me of Hallie.

The Greathouse Family said...

I am sooooo glad that you posted about Maeli!! She is one of my favorite kids of all time! I'm serious about that. She is so special and sweet, but her feistiness makes her so endearing to me! I love her smile and her sad eyes, and her scowly face. I also love to watch her run- it's so funny! She is awesome- really and truly!

Cal said...

That's what kids are for! For entertainment. And for love too I guess :)