Friday, September 19, 2008

Sadie's Blessing Day!

A couple of weeks ago, we blessed Sadie. The blessing was beautiful, despite the fact that Sadie had a major blowout about 10 minutes beforehand. Her poor dress had a big yellow circle on the back of it. Luckily, we had a blanket to hide it. Go figure. The day before, my cousin, Vanessa, flew in. She was such a big help. We stayed up late Saturday night prepping food & chatting. I hadn't seen her since she got married over a year ago. It was so good to catch up. After the blessing, we had almost all of Ken's family over (unfortunately, his dad was out of town)& our good friends over for lunch & everything went really well. It was a really nice day. Baby Sadie was an angel all day. Later that day, my cousin, Brook, came by to visit. She happened to be in town & it was so good to see her. Overall, it was a success of a day. I'm so happy Sadie was smiling for the camera, too!

8 comments:

The Greathouse Family said...

I LOVE my niece!! She is so beautiful and has such a sweet little face. I can't wait to see her again- oh, and the rest of you, too!

Darice said...

She looks beautiful!! Blessings are so special. I am glad the blowout didn't ruin the whole dress. Take care- your kids are so cute!

marebear said...

to cute for words! it was such a perfect day. thanks for letting us be a part of it. you have to admit the blow out is funny now that it is over. come on something had to happen on such a perfect day.
love you guys!

Darren and Kim said...

Sadie looks beautiful! So sad you blow out story. Why do they always choose the worst time.

Austin said...

She's a cutie! Thanks for coming over on Saturday. I hoped you learned something. Let me know if you need any more help or if you want to learn any other types of bows.

Jaime said...

Oh my gosh, that happened to us too with Kelsey but luckily she saved it till after the blessing! She looks beautiful and I love the flower!

brittany said...

She is sooooo cute Beth!! Hope you guys are doing well!! Good to see you last Sunday. :)

sherylenglish said...

I just can't wait to hold her again
!